THE SMALL SAWMILL WITH
- 200 years of expertise of wood products, among seven co-workers
- Flexible staff who can easily switch between sawing logs, bundle lumber and grading lumber according to its strength; C-24 etc
- The optimal location; in the middle of the forest, close to the timber supply, close to road 23, a “stone’s throw” from the birth place of IKEA, Älmhult, in Southern Sweden.
- Complete set of machinery and equipment, covering everything from circular saw production line to planning and trimming
- Quick decision making at the “fika” (daily coffee break) where all staff participate and most of the decisions are made
The sawmill in Hökön was established at its present location in Hökön in 1947. The company was owned by Svenska Stålpressningen (a steel pressing mill) in Olofström, and this company also ran a large peat bog outside of Hökön. The sawmill was run in its own company, Ållekulla AB.
Svenska Stållpressningen sold the company to Skåneskog Ekonomisk Förening in 1972. The company was acquired by Lönsboda Träförädling in 1978 and investments were made in a combined raw and dry sorting line with 35 compartments, three chamber driers and a planning mill with a cutting line. Additionally, 5,000 square metres of timber warehouses for storage of sawn wood were built.
In 1989 the business was sold to AB Möckelns Sågverk. The operations were coordinated with Möckelngruppen and the production line was focused on sawing pinewood, and to a lesser extent sawing larch wood. When AB Möckelns Sågverk in Älmhult was closed down, Möckeln Wood AB was formed, with start of production in January 2012.
|1947||The sawmill in Hökön is established at its current location|
|1972||Svenska Stålpressningen AB sells the business to Skåneskog Ekonomisk förening|
|1978||Lönsboda Träförädling AB acquires the business|
|1982-85||Investments are made in a combined raw and dry sorting line, chamber driers, a planning mill with a cutting line and timber warehouses|
|1989||AB Möckelns Sågverk acquires the business|
|1992||Investments are made in sprinklers|
|2007||Investments are made in a 3 MW kiln and four chamber driers|
|2012-13||Investments are made to improve the working environment|
|2013||Investments are made in improved workshop and sawfiling facilities|
|2017||Investments are made in the planing mill to improve the lumber intake, and improved control system of the driers|
|2017||70 year anniversary/td>|
MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT
|Circular saw production line||ARI|
|Raw and dry sorting line||C. Gunnarsson|
|Kiln 3 MW||HOTAB|
|Band saw cutting line||Stenner|
|Chainsaw cutting line||STIHL/Holtec|
|Plot size:||74 000 square metres, mainly tarmac covered|
|Timber warehouse:||5 000 square metres|